We believe that zero injuries is fully achievable. By learning from each imminent danger and incident and putting measures in place to ensure no reoccurrence happens.
2015 saw a marked improvement and uptake in the adoption of leading indicators and a notable decrease in the incident frequencies. We believe that continued focus on leading indicators (proactive measures) has provided big impact on our lagging (reactive) performance.
2015 - Looking at the numbers:
- 50% reduction in Total Recordable Incident Frequency (TRIF) from 2014
- 80% increase in contractor pre-mobilizations, a process to ensure all contractors understand and fulfill their respective H&S responsibility from contract start to finish
- 93% of projects meeting the objective for Imminent Danger reporting, stopping unsafe conditions / behaviours from translating into incidents
- 70% less days lost due to injury incidents when compared to 2014
Some of our leading indicators include:
- Self-Audits – 95% of projects completed monthly self-assessments
- Objective: To evaluate alignment to the Global Health and Safety Management System (GHSMS)
- Imminent Dangers – over 21,000 unsafe conditions and behaviours were noted and corrected
- Objective: Increase recognition and prevention activities prior to incidents occurring.
- Lessons Learned – over 150 lessons learned were generated and communicated
- Objective: Widely communicate lessons learned throughout the entire organization.
- Driver Safety Training - over 4000 employees completed the training
- Objective: Ensure all employees who drive company vehicles or more than 400kms per year while being ‘at work’, complete drivers training.
- StepBack Training – over 8200 employees completed the training
- Objective: Ensure all employees can use StepBack to see and effectively control hazards at home and at work.
- StepBack Cards Completed – over 425,000 StepBack cards were completed
- Objective: Monitor the effective use of our company’s proven hazard assessment process.
Leading Indicators - Performance
2015 Total Recordable Incident Frequency (TRIF):
- Target: 0.25
- Actual: 0.18
2015 Lost Time Incident Frequency (LTIF):
- Target: 0.06
- Actual: 0.04