SNC-Lavalin’s Survey and Gauge Clearance team provides a range of services across all railway modes specializing in the latest technology in rail infrastructure surveying and structure gauging.
We offer a fully encompassing service from traditional topographical surveying techniques to high definition 3D laser surveys compliant with the latest Building Information Modelling (BIM) systems. We are also able to package and manage infrastructure data by developing and managing databases covering single assets or entire networks.
Our service is bespoke to the railway environment and includes a full access planning and site management capability.
The team is able to mobilize at short notice and has experience delivering projects in the most challenging environments. Our key services include:
- High definition 3D surveys
- Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) and GPS control networks
- Static and kinematic laser scanning
- Topographical and engineering surveys
- Track and permanent way surveys
- Switches and crossings surveys
- Precise digital leveling
- As Built and as fitted surveys
- Setting out and design validation
- Asset management surveys
- Measured building surveys
- Structure gauging including 2Dand3D profiling
- Drainage & utility surveys
- Data management including database development
- Monitoring (manual and automated)