Digitizing what matters
Telecommunications infrastructure provides the backbone of the intelligent networks that utilities use to manage the production, transmission and distribution of electricity. Our experienced team works with utilities of all sizes to provide tailored solutions that are engineered to efficiently leverage the latest telecommunications technology available.
Over the past 45 years, we have been enabling power utilities to bridge the gap between technology and physical infrastructure. In keeping pace with the rapidly changing world of digitalization, we gained the required skillsets to design networks and integrate technological platforms. Our project experience includes major network transformations for several utilities across North America.
Telecommunications infrastructure is the foundation on which emerging smart grid technologies are deployed. Modern networks are self-healing, highly redundant, scalable and allow for the seamless integration of utilities’ advanced meters and other smart devices.
Our network modernization solutions address digital era challenges including:
- Security through seamless network encryption
- Integration of micro grids and distributed energy resources
- Scalability to support future growth
- High speed
- Low communications latency
- Low operating cost
- User mobility
Our telecommunications services
We offer single-source, cost-effective, innovative and secure network solutions. Our services include new builds, technology upgrades, integrations and commissioning, offering both wireless and wireline expertise. We are vendor-independent and specialize in deploying a full array of technological systems into a unified fit-for-purpose solution.
Overview of our intelligent networks expertise
Network Transport Technology
- Business requirement analysis
- LAN/WAN architecture
- Equipment specifications
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI)
- Structured cabling – fiber and copper
- Dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM)
- Optical transport network (OTN)
Legacy System Integration
- Security operations center (SOC)
- Video surveillance, analytics and encoding
- Perimeter and access control
- Microwave radio transmission
- Mobile trunking radio
- Wi-Fi, WiMAX
- Distributed antenna systems (DAS)
- Hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI)
- Application-based secure VLAN
- Network operations center (NOC)
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Power supply and grounding
Utility-Dedicated Network Laboratory
We have the ability to test network solutions in utility environments. By simulating utility network architecture between substations, generation sites and corporate offices, our experts can test different technologies and analyze network viability, capacity and performance.
A Compelling Partner
Our approach to information and communication technology is founded upon continuous innovation that combines our IT skills with our traditional power engineering expertise. We work together with our clients to identify and develop solutions that improve business performance, reduce costs and offer better outcomes for their customers.